To book with us
Ten best reasons to stay at the Ambassadeur Hotel
- The hotel Ambassadeur is located on Caligny’s quay, overlooking Cherbourg’s Marina. The view from the breakfast room is beautiful. You will find many restaurants close by and you can have a direct access to the pedestrianised streets.
- The hotel has recently been refurbished. You will be able to enjoy our new rooms equipped with new orthopedic mattresses, comfortable pillows and cosy duvets. Everything to spend a very good night.
- We provide the hotel’s own Wifi network, which is offered on your arrival free of charge.
- Every member of staff will welcome you with a smile and courtesy from 6.30 am to 11 pm during the week and, from 7 am to 10.30 pm on week-ends and bank holidays.
- A public car park is situated just behing the hotel, free from 7 pm to 9 am as well as on Sundays and Bank holidays.
- For those who come to Cherbourg from the ferry terminal or the train station, the way to the hotel is at easy walking distance.
- Admit that few extra hours to sleep or relax are always welcome. The official time to return the keys to your room when you chech-out is 11:30 am. If your ferry or train leave later the same day, you could ask at our team for a late check-out. This service is billed at a flat rate of 10€ each hour until 4:00 p.m. Beyond, supplement of a full night is asked. This offer depends on availabilities.
- For breakfast, we offer every day an all-you-can-eat buffet with a wide choice of food: hot drinks, boiled eggs, selection of cheese(s), fresh fruit salad, Danish pastries, freshly squeezed orange juice… catered for all taste!
- Bookings can be done 24h a day on our internet website and eventual cancellations are free of charge until 6 pm the same day.
- For a relaxing moment, the bar is at your disposal in the hotel hall and is accessible from 7 pm to 10.30 pm moreover, there is also a meeting room available from noon to 11 pm.
Nearby (Surroundings): Barfleur, Gatteville, Tatihou, Le Nez de jobourg, …
Far from the hubbub of tourism, Cherbourg, at the far end of the Cotentin Peninsula, is a gateway to Europe, half way between the wildness of the “Hague” and the “Val de Saire” valley with its picturesque ports and preserved landscape.
We will be delighted to guide you through your choice of visits across the typical Norman “bocage” landscape.